Chaoyang Park in Beijing will host this years Beijing Pop Festival again from September 8-9. They have quite an extensive line up of international and local artists. The line up includes:
Tickets are 200 RMB in advance for one day and 380 RMB for both days. It’s 250 RMB on the day of the show for one day.
For more info check the web site: www.beijingpopfestival.com
First China Oi! Punk band MiSanDao from Beijing are touring Germany, France and Switzerland in August and September. They will start off on August 19 playing several festivals and bars and finish their tour on September 15 at Oi! The Meeting 2007 in Leipzig, Germany.
For the complete dates and info see their MySpace page and the Rock in China Group Calender on Yahoo! Upcoming.
We will add more dates as the information becomes available.
Since we’ve started our Rock in China Flickr Group more than 80 photographers joined and we’ve collected more than 1000 photos in the group. Surplus the various sets not yet added, but viewable at Rock in China, there are more than 2000 photos of rock concerts, festivals, electro gigs, metal bands and other underground music events available at Rock in China. For the Midi festival we’ve opened sections for 2007, 2006, 2005 and the Jazz festival 2005.
Check out the photos and submit us yours!
This is a quick guideline on how to automatically add your photos of Chinese underground rock / metal / punk / jazz / concerts / etc. to Rock in China.
All photos will appear here.
1. Go to Flickr, this is a photo hosting service of Yahoo! on which you can upload photos, share them and publish them.
2. Get yourself an account (if you ain’t have one). The free account lets you store up to 200 photos.
3. Become a member of our Rock in China group.
4. Go to each photo that you want to send us
4a. Go to the Organizr in Flickr and make a batch of all photos you want to send us.
5. Click “Send to Group”, select “Rock and Underground music from China” and press “send”
6. Congratulations, you’ve sent us the photos and they will automatically be displaced at Rock in China!
Rock in China