Ladies and Gentlemen – It is revealed! CORE IN CHINA was included in issue number 48 of the Painkiller Heavy Music Magazine as CD!!!
We are very proud that our project attracted so much attention not just overseas, but also in China itself, so that the guys of Painkiller decided to include the CD as free gimnick in their magazine to be distributed nation-wide!!!
For those who haven’t listened to the CD yet, get a free download copy here!
As others have pointed out, the Shanghai scene has a new masterpiece of music out: the compilation record WE ARE SHANGHAI featuring 20 local Shanghai rock, punk and indie bands hammering their way into the ears of the 2000s generation.
As a statement to the world, Zangnan Records, Luwan Rock and Twin Horizons kicked out this record with foreigner and Chinese only bands hoping to be able to make a second compilation soon with a more heavier influence. Meanwhile … head over to bandcamp and get the download.
- Duck Fight Goose – Light is God’s Bread
- Boys Climbing Ropes – The Knitting Song
- Stegosaurus? – Stinky Tofu
- The Beat Bandits – Sukiyaki Beat
- Break for Borneo – Complicated
- Friend or Foe – Crazy Eye (The Horses Remix)
- The Dangxin Mofos – Geeky Boy
- Rainbow Danger Club – Drown The Creatures
- X is Y – Never Sever
- Pairs – I Wanna Die in the Ocean
- Dragon Pizza – Bomb Cola
- Moon Tyrant – I am the Way
- The Fever Machine – Heartbrokenbleedin’ Again
- The Instigation – No Way Out
- The Horde – Beijing Sucks
- Sonnet – Perfect Son
- The Song Dynasty – Slow
- Top Floor Circus – 进来白相相 (Jin Lai Bu Xiang Xiang)
Digital Only Tracks
- Baltic States – The North Sea
- Little Punk – I’m Not in the Mood for Making a Song
Posted in City Scene Shanghai, Downloads, Rock in China
Tagged Boys Climbing Ropes, dragon Pizza, Duck Fight Goose, Free Download, Friend or Foe, Shanghai indie, Shanghai punk, Shanghai Rock, Sonnet, The Horde, The Song Dynasty, Top Floor Circus, We Are Shanghai